Do you have a daughter? A niece? A sister? Well then I think you should be concerned about the HPV vaccine and I urge you to become informed. Even if you support other routine vaccinations, this is one that you should consider carefully.
The HPV (Human Papillomavirus) virus is sexually transmitted and can cause cervical cancer. In response to this medical issue, the HPV vaccine was created and is typically administered in schools to young girls in grade seven or eight, and can be given to girls as young as nine years old. It is encouraged by the government through its very approval. In fact, in the United States, the vaccine was deemed mandatory by the government, until massive concerns about the vaccination successfully overruled that legislation in some states.
The idea of the HPV vaccine (Gardasil and Cerevix) is to target young girls before they become sexually active, to safeguard them from developing cervical cancer. And if you read the the pamphlets given out for parents, this seems to make perfect sense. Especially when the pamphlets don’t start by outlining the risks or other factors involved in the decision to vaccinate your daughter, but instead outline the vaccination schedule on the assumption that you will support the vaccine through their clever school-based program. To really ensure your support they let you know that you “have the power now to protect your daughter from this harmful disease”.
Well I agree with one thing, and that is that you have the power to protect your daughter: by rejecting this harmful vaccine and then educating yourself and your daughter about far better methods of protection.
The HPV Vaccine and Cervical Cancer: The Power to Protect Your Daughter
Here is what those pamphlets should also be telling you:
1. The HPV vaccine was approved after 33,000 people participated in clinical trials. Longitudinal studies (studies in which data is collected over time, documenting evidence over the long-term) were never completed. Again for emphasis, this vaccine was released to the public and subsidized by the government before any longitudinal studies were completed. In fact, long-term data is being collected currently, from your daughters, who are essentially participants in the experiment. The experiment, as I have labelled it, is now in its eighth year. Which is pretty short-term in the life of a vaccination study.
2. Reports put out by the vaccine producers claim that no significant safety concerns have been raised. So I have to ask, what is their definition of “significant”? Here is what I found (click underlined links to read articles throughout this post): Some girls do report the expected effects such as tenderness, swelling, and fever. However, “thousands of women have also reported more worrisome issues, including crippling fatigue, paralysis, blindness, or autoimmune complications, and some have even died, according to CDC and FDA data.” I would say risk of paralysis, chronic conditions, and death are pretty significant risks!
Why does the FDA not report these very significant safety concerns if they have collected this data themselves? Vaccine developer and MD, Diane M. Harper, sheds some light on the issue. “It’s critical to note that more than 70 healthy young girls have died from a neurological reaction that occurred soon after getting Gardasil,’ says Harper. (The FDA is not required to act in response to any side effect that occurs in fewer than one in 10,000 people.)” Well it seems to me that considering death as insignificant to justify the benefits of this vaccine, is similar to labelling deaths as “collateral damage” to justify war.
3. In order to develop real urgency around the HPV and cervical cancer concern, often large numbers are reported for shock value. In this case, about 1750 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year in Canada, and about 470,000 world wide. This is certainly an issue deserving of our attention. However, let’s look at the real numbers from a data-driven perspective: how many of those women die from cervical cancer? What the research shows is that of the 1750 women in Canada who are diagnosed early through regular paps, the great, great majority survive treatment, and quite gracefully at that! In fact, over 90%! So when you make a decision on what you think is the greater risk, getting the vaccine versus not getting the vaccine, remember to consider the real numbers and that BOTH have reported death as a possibility.
4. You must also realize that it is important to ask, of those women who did die, how many died of the strains the vaccine targets, because the vaccine only targets, admittedly, 70% of the strains that cause cervical cancer. In other words, how many of them would not have even been protected had they got the vaccine (and put themselves at risk of a “significant” vaccine side effect)?
5. Take that a step even further. How many of those deadly cases could have been prevented if proper routes of prevention were taken? We don’t really know the answer to this, because this is not documented, but what we do know is that cervical cancer is very detectable and highly treatable with early detection. “According to the American Cancer Society, the five-year survival rate for cervical cancer that’s caught early is about 92 percent; and when precancerous lesions are removed, a complete cure becomes a sure thing.”
In order to analyze the numbers appropriately, instead of just reacting to high numbers thrown at us by the producers of this vaccine, we should demand to know how many of these females had regular paps, which is significantly known to reduce diagnosis. Also, were they educated and guided in regards to protecting themselves when sexually active? Ask yourself about your own family, YOUR children, and consider what their actual risk may be if you guide them through first, other means of protection from HPV, and in the case of getting HPV (since condoms and sex education don’t always work), regular paps and monitoring to detect PRE-cancerous cells? What, truly, is the bigger risk and why aren’t we being given the real data to assist us in this decision?
6. There are a great number physician’s themselves who also disagree with the administration of this vaccine and choose not to recommend it to patients or allow their own daughters to get it. In this article, entitled: Another Doctor Testifies ‘HPV Vaccine Does Not Protect Against Cancer,’ “Leading OBGYN Dr. Uzi Beller stated that if the “HPV vaccine…were proven to prevent cervical cancer, that would be something else. But it hasn’t. The US Food and Drug Administration checks for safety of the vaccine, but not for efficacy. There is no evidence that the vaccine protects against cervical cancer, only [that it] counters the virus itself. No decrease in invasive cervical cancer… in the vaccinated population has been documented so far.(emphasis added)” “Even one of the top scientists that helped create Gardasil came forward to admit that the incidents of cervical cancer in the U.S. are already very low and, because the majority of HPV cases resolve themselves within one (70%) or two (90%) years’ time, the vaccine really will not have an effect on the cervical cancer rates either way.”
7. And I must make the point that the HPV vaccine is the most expensive vaccine in history, and costs close to $400 to administer one three-dose schedule! This means that if four million girls are vaccinated a year in Canada and the United States, the creators of the vaccine bring in at least $1.6 BILLION dollars each year! Merck, the company that produces Gardasil, participated in extensive lobbying of the government to get their vaccine approved. And I find it very, very suspicious that a vaccine with no long-term studies attached to it, no real proof yet in regards to how it will affect cervical cancer rates (as the young girls who received it first have yet to all grow up), and data that includes death and paralysis as potential side effects was deemed mandatory for females in the United States public school system, and is highly encouraged in Canada. Merck did a great job of securing heavy profits using splendid commercials, government support, and school-based programs to sell their product.
The HPV Vaccine and Its Risks: A Video
I urge you to watch the video below, even if you have time to review nothing else on this topic. Parents, who were never informed, and either consented for their daughter to receive this vaccination, or were forced to vaccinate their daughter, have united together to help ensure that other parents and daughters can protect themselves from this harmful, high-risk vaccination. Take note that since the release of this video, the evidence against this vaccine only continues to mount.
Question life, because that is always your perogative.
Comment below to help bring attention and accountability to the vaccine producer Merck.
Speak your mind!
Share in the comments section with Our Cosmic Community.
Share this post using our Social Media buttons below.